Dedicated to protecting species endangered by intensive poaching
Registered charity: 1165334
To engage communities and deliver resources to protect vulnerable and endangered species from poaching.
We aim to prevent poaching through a combination of capacity building our in-country partners anti-poaching units, and rolling out projects that will benefit economically marginalised park adjacent communities.
Poaching Prevention is committed to donating tech and delivering training to enhance the ability of anti-poaching units (APUs) to build databases on the movement of poachers and their target species; to funding canine APUs; and to community upliftment.
• Donate technology, software and equipment
• Provide training in the operation of specialist tech
• Deliver training in data capture and data analytics
• Donate conservation/security dogs and handler training for canine APUs
• Engender compassion and care for wildlife by reconnecting local communities with nature through - free field trips to local parks and reserves for children and young adults, school visits to teach students about wildlife and the benefits of a healthy ecosystem, volunteer opportunities, career taster days, and bursaries for training/qualifications in wildlife law enforcement.
• Raise awareness about mandatory prison sentencing and length of sentences imposed for poaching endangered species
• Establish community enrichment project
(In regard to Covid-19, Poaching Prevention will promote best practice and adhere to social distancing guidelines)